MC3 is the latest in drive-by data collection for Itron’s ChoiceConnect™ advanced data collection suite, offering data logging and two-communications capabilities in a mobile solution. Powered by Itron SRead™ radio, the MC3 offers unparalleled meter reading performance, portability and affordability to gather consumption and tamper data from radio-based endpoints for electricity, gas and water.
Features + Benefits
MC3 utilizes vehicles equipped with radio transceivers to read meters via radio without accessing the meter. Drive-by meter reading has evolved into advanced meter data collection with the MC3 by the ability to collect time synchronized interval data and two-way communications with Itron’s new endpoints the 100G DL for gas and 100W for water. The MC3 also improves off-cycle and cycle-based meter reading efficiency.
Mobile AMR is ideally suited for high-density areas, as well as areas with difficult-to-access, or hazardous-to-read meters and can dramatically improve meter reading. A single MC3 is capable of reading up to 100,000 meters in a day, whether reading a single route or reading multiple routes simultaneously. The potential savings are substantial when compared to the few hundred meters read per day on a typical walking route.
SRead radio technology offers increased receiver sensitivity and simultaneously listens and acquires readings over 80 channels for improvement in reading times and range. The MC3 supports an optional directional antenna for added read performance and is small enough to be easily moved from vehicle to vehicle.
When you deploy MC3 from Itron, you can:
- Collect interval reads from gas and water customers to increase operational efficiencies and enhance customer service
- Two-way communications to endpoints enable time-synchronization and remote service switch activation
- Read more meters in a shorter amount of time to optimize field service crews
- Initiate mobile demand resets and time-of-use register collection for commercial accounts
- Eliminate the high operational costs associated with hard-to-read meters or skipped meter reads
- Boost customer satisfaction by eliminating intrusive meter reading visits and providing more accurate and up-to-date billing data
- Improve employee and customer safety
- Enhance the quality of your billing data by eliminating manual data entry errors
- Identify energy theft and revenue loss due to meter tamper
- Meet performance-based rate (PBR) criteria