Lyall PVC to PE Transitions are designed to be used in the repair of existing PVC gas piping systems. The connection on the PVC side of the fitting utilizes a solvent cement procedure while the PE side can be joined by butt fusion, electro fusion or mechanical fitting. The assembly PE pup lengths allow use of squeeze-off tools to facilitate easy repair of PVC systems in the field.
Design and Construction
- This factory assembled Transition Fitting provides a qualified joint between a PVC socket fitting and MDPE or HDPE piping meeting the requirements of ASTM D2466 and D2513.
- The PE pipe is pressed into the PVC socket fitting and held in place utilizing a steel retainer ring.
- The PVC socket fitting is made from Polyvinyl Chloride as classified in ASTM D1784 as Type I Grade I with cell classification of 12454. The PVC is PVC0111 per ASTM D6263.
- Lyall is an ISO 9001 registered manufacturing facility that employs a robust quality control system.
- All fittings have been tested to meet the requirements of Category I mechanical joint as defined is ASTM D2513-1999 6.10.1
- Additional testing includes Thermal Cycle (-20° F – 140° F), Quick Burst to ASTM D1599 and Sustained Pressure to ASTM D1598.
PVC to PE Transition Fittings Products
PVC to PE Transition Fittings
|PVC Size||PE Size||Pup Length|
|1/2 IPS||1/2 CTS||18″|
|3/4 IPS||1/2 CTS||18″|
|3/4 IPS||3/4 CTS||18″ or 24″|
|3/8 IPS||1 CTS||24″|
|1/2 IPS||1 CTS||24″|
|3/4 IPS||1 CTS||24″|
|1 IPS||1 CTS||24″|
|1 IPS||1 IPS||18″|
|1-1/4 IPS||1-1/4 CTS||12″, 18″ or 22″|
|2 IPS||2 IPS||12″, 18″ or 22″|